Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baptisms

March 22nd 2011

Well that was good to hear about all the missionaries and the church in Japan. We have been getting storms like crazy here. They say it’s because of the radiation. Actually an Asian lady made that up and told the elders I live with that speak Asian languages. But it has been raining a lot. It’s not that bad though. I have sort of gotten used to the rain. The crap part is when it’s so windy you have to stand up and pedal your hardest into the wind so that you can actually go forward and not be pushed backwards. It’s fun though. This week was really really good. On Monday night we went to a less active kids house to teach him a practice lesson. He didn't want us to teach him but he showed us his instruments and it was cool. He had a ukulele so I had a nice time playing that. Our mission president changed the rules so we can actually have them now but I don't want mine cuz if the new mission president changes it back then I have to send it home and I don't think it would be worth it to have it after he’s here and we know his rules. Then we went to the stake center to switch up for our exchangeganza! We did a zebra exchange where every missionary in the zone goes with someone random. I was with Elder Campbell. He is from Prescott so it was fun being with another person from Arizona. We were together all day Tuesday. Tuesday was fun. We went and saw a crazy less active lady. She talked to us forever! She is crazy though. She would jump up and down when she got excited, she didn't ever stop smiling and she would run around in circles and yes she is black. Then we had lunch. After lunch we went to Nancy’s. We taught her a drop lesson and we won't be going over there as much. Hopefully this puts her in a position to make decisions. It started raining afterwards her lesson and I didn't think it would and home was too far away so I just got soaked from head to toe. My shoes normally keep the water out but I wore my new shoes I found in my apartment. I call them my Michael Jackson shoes. They are penny loafers and they fit perfect. Well they let water in so it was a bummer. We had dinner with the relief society because it was its birthday. It was good. The lady that said she is related to us did a presentation and now I know she is. It was fun though. Then we switched back up companions. On Wednesday it rained some more. We went and visited a bunch of people. It was a good day. We taught Karen, that was good. We tracted a lot and the day wasn't too bad. On Thursday we had a good district meeting. We didn't have a district leader because one of our zone leaders left to go be the new assistant and so they took our district leader and made him the new zone leader. So me and Elder Pelfrey had to tag team train. It was really good. Then we had dinner and then had to rush over to Lexys house to teach her and her cousins Sabrina and Ariana. We had a good lesson with them about the gospel of Jesus Christ and went over the baptismal program. Then we went and made the baptismal program. We had dinner with the Hahn’s a Japanese family. They are amazing and it was really good. Then we went home and slept.

Friday it was raining again real hard. We had weekly planning then went to see Lexy again, when they get close to baptism we try to see em every day, and it was real good. We had a return appointment with the crazy less active lady but she wasn't home so we tried to visit with some more people. No one was home. We had dinner with a Mienh lady. It was super super good but she wanted us to eat all of it and it sure was filling. Then we tried to see a few more people in the rain then we went home. Saturday was a special day once again for we had a few really good baptisms! Lexy Vela, who is nine, Sabrina Mejia, whose dad Joe baptized her, and Ariana Abeyta all got baptized. Sabrina and Ariana are eight but they all have helped activate their families. It was amazing. Sabrina’s dad, Joe said afterwards that he would like to go to the temple and be sealed as a family and asked us who to talk to to see what steps he would have to take. We told him the bishop would love to see him about that. After the baptism we had lunch with their families. Some Mexican lady came and cooked for us and it was super good. Then we split up with the zone leaders and I went with Elder Kelley to teach a lesson to a girl that was YSA but is getting married so she is ours now. It was a really good lesson. After that we rode our bikes all the way to the church. The wind was so strong it was like biking straight up hill but harder and much colder. It didn't rain though. We helped the Elders quorum set up chairs for our ward pot luck then we had the ward pot luck. It was super super good. Some lady makes me get her food for her every time there is a ward function with food. I don't know why she picked me but its ok, just annoying.

Then we walked home because the church is right next door to our apartments. Sunday we had church ate dinner and then had a member blitz. It was fun. Monday was transfer Monday so we didn't have P day as I’m sure you have guessed. It was a good day though. From 10 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon we tracted as a zone in a few different areas. I was with Elder Gentimen from Kansas. Elder Frost, I think Caleb? is serving in his home ward and eats dinner there all the time. Elder Cannon trained him after I left the area. It was a lot of fun and I got to say Hello to Asians in three different languages.

Then we went and saw some people. We made a ride on our bikes that normally takes us 45 min in 30 and it was crazy! We biked so hard. But we were on time for dinner. My Asthma is doing a lot better. We got transfer calls again. I am disappointed every time. I really wanted to stay with Elder Crager. We started getting along great and we are doing great work but he is going down to Tracy with Elder Bernatz who went to high school with Taylor Swift, lucky dog. So he is leaving and Elder Hock is coming in to be my companion. President said he's putting him with me because he has had some hard times with past companions and he thinks I am good for him because I am very loving.

Elder Crager taught me how to be that way because he needed it himself but that means it’s probably going to take some effort with this new guy. Oh well I’m excited. He was companions with Elder Faka'i in the past and I’m sure they got along great! So that is what’s going on. Oh and Elder Pelfrey is getting a new companion. Elder Beverage! I am so excited to say the word beverage and not have people look at me like I’m crazy! My bike also came yesterday so I just need to go to the mission office to pick it up. Well I have to go. I love you all bye.

Love Elder Tyler Pete Arnett

No comments:

Post a Comment