Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18th 2011

Man it sounds like you all had a fun jam packed week! I thought the letter was a good one. I'm glad Ellie liked hers cuz it took me sooo long to write ha. Oh and Hayley I don't recall a letter from you that I didn't reply to and it took you forever to get that address for me so I think I deserve another one. And Elder Buttars didn't want to write Hayley back because she didn't seem like she was that excited when she wrote him back. I don't know... So this week was really good! I hope you all are ready to hear of another miracle. So Monday we had dinner with our bishop and then we went and visited Clara. She is the blind lady. We taught her and her roommate and it went really good. Her roommates name is Trisha but she isn't that interested she just wants to listen. Then when we got home Elder Pelfrey and Elder Bevridge told us the miracle. So this 13 year old girl named Kendra came to church with their investigator and she was white so she is ours to teach well we went over to her house last week and her mom was a super jerk and was really mean and told us she couldn't come to church or be baptized and a bunch of other crap. Well when the other Elders got home they told us that Kendra told their investigator that her mom had changed her mind and that she could be baptized. So on Tuesday we had Zone Training from President Jardine and it was amazing. We told everyone about the miracle. Now it’s a miracle because both Elder Hock and myself fasted for it on Sunday and it happened! It was amazing. Well President loved the story and so that was good. And then in training I made Sister Jardine cry by telling a story that made me into the missionary I am right now. It happened at the beginning of the transfer. I don't know if I ever told you or not but I’ll write it in a letter to make sure. It’s a good one. Then we went and saw a bunch of people. We had a few appointments fall through so we went over to Kendra’s house early to talk to her Mom but she wasn't home yet so we just talked to her and she said that her mom said she could be baptized if she got her grades up. We were still weary though because we wanted to hear from the mom first hand. Then we had dinner and then saw Aunsieshia. We had a really good lesson with her then we went and saw Nancy and she isn't progressing at all so we dropped her. Then we went home. So Wednesday we did service for a lady that thinks she needs a wheel chair but walks fine and it was stupid because she had me mow her grass with a weed eater. Then we had lunch and then we went tracting. It was a good tracting. We talked to a lot of Mexicans and I speak no Spanish at all. Then we went to see Kendra again to talk to her Mom but they had company so the Mom asked us to come back the next day and she was actually real nice about it. Then we went and talked to Aunieshia for a little bit then we went to teach Clara again. We had another really good lesson with her on the Plan of Salvation and then we went home. Thursday was another awesome day as a missionary! We spent the whole morning biking around just talking to random people on the street. Then after lunch we tried to see this girl we had an appointment with. She wasn't home so we went and visited the Mejias who is Sabrina’s family who is eight who got baptized with Lexy. They were having meat sandwiches and they were really tasty. Then we tried to go to another appointment but that guys address didn't exist. Something we run into a lot with the ghetto people of Florin. Then we went to Kendra’s. She wasn't home from school yet because she is trying to get her grades up so she can get baptized. So we said we would come back later. We had dinner with the Lindsey’s. They are old and he originally married her sister but she died and her husband died so they got married. Then we went and taught Aunieshia. It was good. We then went over to Kendra’s for reals this time. We went in and taught the restoration. Her mom was real nice again and the spirit was super strong. At the end of the lesson Kendra’s mom told us that Kendra had been asking if she could get baptized and she was wondering when we wanted to do that. Her mom asked us! What a miracle change of heart! We said the 24th which is this Sunday and Clara is getting baptized then as well. Kendra told us that she only had a few pages left in The Book of Mormon and she had only had it for a little less than a month! How awesome is this girl?! Then we went home. Friday we had weekly planning and we saw a lot of random people and tracted then had dinner then we went to visit Aunieshia one last time before her baptism the next day. She is great and will be an awesome member. Saturday we got everything ready for Aunieshias baptism. Lina and Brandon two Lao kids got baptized at the same time. Our ward has a Lao and Meinh group in it. That’s what you have before a branch. So Elder Pelfrey and Elder Bevridge are in our ward. It’s great. Aunsieshia asked me to baptize her and it was real cool. She is a bigger gal so I had to dunk her hard and the water flew up over the steps ha. Then we went to lunch with the zone leaders. We saw a bunch of random people and then went tracting. We had dinner with a guy who got baptized last year and is working on going to the temple soon. He is awesome and has a lot of faith. Then we went and taught Clara. She was doing good. Sunday Clara got her first interview before church. She will need two because she has had an abortion well actually three but it only takes one for a second interview. So that went good. It was weird having a blind lady to church because she had to hold on to my arm and I had to walk her to all her classes. But it was nice. Kendra came as well with Lina. Aunieshia was confirmed by the bishop during sacrament meeting. It was great. We had a blitz that night and I went with Elder Baummer and we went tracting. It was fun. Today we went to Old Sac. Which is like the first place settled in Sacramento. It’s nothing really special and its only fun if you buy stuff. I got a shirt with the Sacramento flag on it. So that was my week. It was awesome and we had a huge great miracle. I was excited for Aunieshia and am excited for Clara and Kendra. Well I have to go. The Lord is blessing us so freaking much it’s amazing. Who knew hard work and exact obedience would pay off this much. Love ya.

Elder Tyler Pete Arnett

P.S.- oh yeah and if you want me to get my birthday package by my birthday you will probably need to send it Monday the 25th or I won't get it in time. Cuz my birthday is the day before transfers and they hold our mail starting either Thursday or Friday so it won't get to me probably till a week after my birthday. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment