Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11th 2011

There are four of us in one apartment. It’s so much fun too! We all get along this transfer and its super fun to be around each other. Me and Elder Pelfrey get along the best. It’s funny because my best friend dated his cousin. Andrew being my best friend and Analiese Mecham (I don't know how to spell her last name) being his cousin. It’s a lot of fun. I'm not really losing any weight though. This stage of P90X is mostly just making me build muscle and me and Elder Hock have been riding our bikes pretty hard lately, so I have stayed the same weight but I feel and I think I look a little slimmer and life is getting slightly easier for me. Elder Pelfrey said the next stage, which I think we start this week, will make me lose more weight cuz it’s not as much strength stuff as cardio and stuff like that. I have no clue if the guy stole my bike or bought it from the guy that did but I know for a fact it’s mine. It had the CTR bikes sticker still on it and they only sell bikes to missionaries, as well it had my speedometer and fender and you can just tell when it’s your own possession. He drove down the street after us and took a picture with his phone. We will be ok because I needed it for a good reason. I like my new bike better so I ride it all the time. Elder Hocks bike has been broken since Christmas so he has been borrowing another missionaries but it’s being retarded and gets a flat tire like every day. So he is riding my old one now but will be getting his bike fixed today. I made the decision while listening to President Monsons talk in the priesthood session to not watch Glee when I get home. It was one of my favorite shows but I can do without it. I'll just listen to the music from it. This week was swell. It got kind of cold and my body almost got sick but I take 1000 mg of vitamin c every day and it helps a lot with colds as well as allergies. That along with Claritin every morning has helped me fight off allergies so far. They say Sacramento is the worst place for allergies so that’s kind of dumb for me to be here but maybe I’ll experience it here so my immune system will get stronger and it will be like I don't even have them when I get home. Hopefully I can continue to fight it all off. So this week was good. We had a great lesson with Clara on Monday night, she’s the blind lady. It was really good and we committed her to be baptized on the 24th of April and she accepted but didn't come to church this week so we might have to push it back a week. Then we switched up for exchanges with Elder Campbell. He came with me in my area and it was really good. Tuesday we did a lot random contacting. We met with Kendra the friend of a thirteen year old Lao girl that Elder Pelfrey is baptizing. She is awesome! She has come to church twice and wants to be baptized so bad, too bad her mom is full of Satan. She went to a lesson with the Lao girl and Elder Pelfrey gave her a book of Mormon and told her to read 2 Nephi 31. When we asked her if she read, she got all embarrassed and said she read that and everything from the beginning through that chapter! She is awesome but her mom won't let her get baptized and she can't come to church until her grades are up. Wednesday we had a wonderful district meeting. We taught Clara again and went by Aunieshias house. She was set for the 16th but we hadn't talked to her forever. We went over and she wasn't home again but her sister said to try and call her. So we did and she said we could come over the next day and talk with her. I was a little nervous because I honestly thought she was going to drop us but when we taught her the next day, she was super solid. It was amazing. We taught her the Big 3 (word of wisdom, law of tithing, and chastity). It was real good and she said she wanted to still be baptized on the 16th, so she came to church yesterday and got her interview and is now set for Saturday! It was so awesome to hear that. Thursday was good. We taught Nancy and she is a bogen. She is drinking again, and she refuses to kick the guy out. So we will back off of her for a while. Friday was another good day. I can't remember what we did but I assume it was good. Saturday we had a great day. We taught Aunieshia again as well as Clara. They are both great! I forgot my planner this week so I honestly can't remember anything we did this week. It felt like a really long week. It’s going to get back up the 70s this week so that is great. Sunday was a good day. We had an amazing testimony meeting. All four of us missionaries serving in the ward bore our testimonies. It was good not only because of that but because everyone who got up there centered their testimonies on the savior. Then we taught primary. The teacher for the 8-11 year olds didn’t show, they have a small primary. So we taught their class and then had singing time with them. It was a lot of fun. We got to help out with sharing time and talk a little about baptism. It was fun being in there but its weird cuz they just sing random songs and it’s random. We found out that the annoying black family that lives above us in our apartment complex went to another ward where their son recently got baptized and they want us to teach them so that was a miracle. The son actually got baptized in the Elk Grove Park Ward, where I used to serve. He lives in a group home but his family lives above us and they are super interested. Idk why they didn't just talk to us. They see us multiple times a day. Oh well. Well I get to write my email to my mission president with in the next ten min so I got to go. I love you all.

Love Elder Arnett

P.S.- Ellie I did get your letter! I loved it. I will write you back a letter today. I love you and miss you! Also Hayley if you want a letter a good way to get one is to write me one... just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment