Monday, October 17, 2011

The North Sacremento Zone!

Temple Night Shot

Angel Moroni

Me in front of the Temple.

Us at Georgina's Baptism.

Me with the Reidheads.

October 17th 2011

Well we just got done playing football with another zone. We played for over an hour and lost so I am not only extremely tired but angry. The other zone pissed me off so bad. Oh well we'll just keep our 80 baptisms for the year so far compared to their 50... So I don't know how much I am going to email. Sorry I forgot to tell you that this transfer is a day early so we have a normal p-day. The new missionaries are coming in a day early from the mtc so that is why they did this. It’s only a one-time thing. So this week was exciting going to lunch with the Reidheads. We were on exchanges so Elder Manukailea didn't get to come. I was surprised how well it all worked out. I texted Brother Reidhead on Wednesday night and we just set up to meet at the church at 11:30 the next day. So we met up and talked for a bit then headed off to Golden Corral. I took them on the scenic route that went through the Old Air Force base. We had a great time eating and talking about things. I thought it would make me super trunky but it didn't. I have been pretty trunky because Elder Manu is going home and it gets me thinking about it but meeting with the Reidheads helped me feel like nothing has really changed too much back at home and that things will go on just the same when I get home. So I’ll just keep doing the work and baptizing. This week Georgina finally got baptized! But she didn't come on Sunday for her confirmation... We'll get her this week for sure. We went on two exchanges this week. I was with Elder Taufu'i on Tuesday. He came to my area and we did some good work. Thursday I was with Elder Morgan. We had a lot of fun. So we got our transfer calls last night. Of course as you all know Elder Manukailea goes home so he is leaving. I am being made the senior Zone Leader and my new companion is Elder Jones. He is from North Carolina. He came out a transfer after me and was made a zone leader the same time as me. He is a really cool kid and an amazing missionary so I am excited to learn from him and serve with him. The stake is super bummed that Manu is leaving. He has been here for 6 months and has worked wonders in the zone. I hope Elder Jones and I can continue that work down here. I'm sure if we work as hard as me and Elder Manukailea have been and are obedient we will see the same success. The stake is so close to hitting their goal of 100 baptisms for the year so we are all working hard to achieve that. The mission goal this month was 80 baptisms. We have 51 baptized so far with 44 more people with a date to be baptized in the next two weeks of the month so we are super close to hitting that goal. If we hit that and repeat it in November and get our goal of 101 we will reach the mission goal of 800 for the year. We are all working our hardest right now to achieve these goals. The field is very white and ready to harvest. Even in Elder Schmid's area where the people aren't white! Man they are baptizing so much. Oh and on the white note. President Lewis has taken note that a lot of the missionaries in the missions white shirts aren't so white anymore. That is very true for myself. He asked us to ask for new white shirts for Christmas so that’s what I’m doing. I think 2 of each, long and short sleeve should be fine. I still have a fat size 19 neck. I wish it was smaller and it might be late but I would rather be safe than sorry. I'll let you know if I start losing any weight. Oh and I didn't do that diet. I quit the same night of the day I started. I received revelation that I shouldn't do it. It took almost falling asleep while standing up to be revelation. I like my picture on my camera of me with the Reidheads. I'll send it home. As well as my memory card cuz it’s full, or will be soon. I hope everyone is having a lot of fun. Love you.

Love, Elder Tyler Pete Arnett


No comments:

Post a Comment